It’s common knowledge that having a canine companion will make you happier…but did you know that it can also make you healthier? According to a recent scientific study, dog owners roughly the age of 79 had the bodies of those who were a decade younger. What’s that mean? That when you own a dog, you can shave years off your age and add them to your lifespan.
Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Dogs encourage personal activity.
2. Once you’re motivated, you’re more likely to continue on that kick.
3. Pups tend to dawdle.
4. Pups love to run.
5. Dogs encourage you to be outside.
6. Canines love to play games.
7. Chances are, you’ll get a good laugh out of your pup at least once a day.
8. Your dog will keep you company.
9. Dogs encourage water cooler chitchat.
10. Your pooch depends on you for her health.
11. Dogs are all-around good workout companions!
(via Bark Post)
If you’ve never noticed these with your pup before, maybe now that you have them under your belt, you’ll be more aware of the health benefits your fur baby brings to your life!